2013 ENTERCOM NATIONAL CASH CONTEST RULES (“CONTEST”)
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by the Entercom companies and radio stations listed on Attachment A at the end of these rules (each, a “Station” and collectively, the “Stations”). A copy of these specific contest rules are available at each of the Stations’ studios during regular business hours and on each of the Stations’ websites. A complete list of addresses and websites for the Stations are listed on Attachment A.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in each Stations’ individual written general contest rules, these official contest rules govern this particular contest in the event of any conflict.
THIS IS A MULTI-STATE CONTEST INVOLVING OVER 82 PARTICIPATING RADIO STATIONS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
Who Can Enter
1. Eligible contestants must be 16 years of age or older and legal U.S. residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia as of the date of entry in this contest. In the event that a prize is won by a contestant who is under the legal majority for his or her State of residence, for all purposes under these rules, the parent or legal guardian will be recognized as the actual winner of the prize and will be required to provide all documentation and execute all documentation as required by these rules and local, state and federal law.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, siblings (half and full) and the steps of each of the foregoing) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
How to Enter & How to Win
3. Unless otherwise noted for a particular station on Attachment A*, to enter, weekdays only from August 19, 2013 at 6:00AM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in) through September 20, 2013 at 4:10PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in), listen to one of the participating Stations (See Attachment A for participating Stations) at approximately 6:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM and 4:00PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant/Station is located in) for the specified contest code word. The code word may be announced on any particular Station (and vary from Station to Station and from play to play) anywhere between five minutes before the hour until eight minutes after the hour. A Station may choose in its sole discretion to announce a code word more than one time during the permitted window, but there is no obligation to announce the code word multiple times in any single contest play or in subsequent contest plays. A STATION’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD MAY VARY FROM DAY TO DAY AS ANNOUNCED ON AIR OF THE AFFECTED STATION, AND AS MAY BE LISTED AS AMENDED IN ATTACHMENT A. STATION WILL ANNOUNCE PARTICIPATION. IF A STATION DOES NOT ANNOUNCE A CODE WORD FOR A PARTICULAR CONTEST PLAY THEN THAT STATION IS NOT PARTICIPATING IN THAT PARTICULAR CONTEST PLAY AND IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SUBSTITUTE A CONTEST PLAY. THE ENTRY FORM MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THAT CONTEST PLAY ON THE STATION’S SPECIFIC URL, BUT IF A STATION IS NOT PARTICIPATING DURING A PARTICULAR CONTEST PLAY IF THE STATION DID NOT ANNOUNCE A CODE WORD. STATIONS PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES OF ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP.
4. When the code word is announced entrants must enter their first name, email address, zip code, phone number (including area code) and that specific code word announced for that particular contest play by going to a participating Station’s website and clicking on the Contest link or by going to the specific URL designated for the Contest (see Attachment A for list of Station websites and specific URLs designated for the Contest). Entrants will have the opportunity to subscribe to a participating station’s membership club and will have the opportunity to select the “Remember Me” function to remember certain entry information for future contest plays. Entrants are not required to subscribe to the membership club and are not required to select the “Remember Me” feature to be eligible for entry. Entries for each play of the contest will be accepted only until ten minutes after the hour (as applicable: 6:10AM, 10:10AM, 1:10PM and 4:10PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in)). Only complete entries received with the correct code word are eligible to participate in this Contest.
5. One entry per email per contest play (for a maximum of 4 contest plays per contest day per email). Once an email has been entered through a station’s specific URL during a particular contest play, that email cannot be used again for entry through any other station specific URL participating in this Contest (as listed in Attachment A). For purposes of clarification, once a contestant has entered with a particular email through a station’s specific URL during a certain contest play, that contestant cannot enter the same email through a different participating station’s URL during that same contest play. There is a possibility that a contestant may win more than once in this Contest.
6. Following each play of the contest, one (1) winner (subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules) will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all entries received nationally (see below) for that play of the contest. There will be a total of up to four (4) national winners daily for each contest weekday.
7. Potential winner will be notified at the telephone number and/or email (as determined in Stations’ sole discretion) in which he or she entered on the entry form within 24 business hours. In the event Station does not reach potential winner, Station will attempt to leave a message. Potential winner must be in contact with Station within 48 business hours of initial notice of winning by Station or he/she will be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion and a prize will not be awarded for that Contest play. By entry into this contest, the selected potential winner gives his or her consent for broadcast when contacted by a Station representative who notifies him or her of winning.
8. Any entry with an incorrect code word for a particular Contest play or submitted more than ten minutes after the top of the hour for a particular Contest play will be automatically disqualified without notice.
9. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
10. Use of robotic, mechanical or other forms of pre-programmed internet entry methods is NOT prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Stations reserve the right (in its sole discretion), from time to time, to implement entry processes that may frustrate or prohibit automated entry (including, without limitation, CAPTCHA, requiring Club membership log ins or advance email address verification procedures, limiting the number of entries counted after a maximum number within a specified period of time as established by Stations (which numerical/time limits Station may decide not to disclose), and/or prohibit any further entries from a particular IP address during a particular contest play, period of time or permanently). Before or during this Contest, Stations reserve the right to install and access cookies, alone or along with other methods, to track web site traffic and entry and/or to detect or prohibit automated methods of entry or website visits. Stations do not intend to monitor or disqualify any Contest entry on the basis of the use of such manipulation tools. Notwithstanding the foregoing, entrants are not entitled to use such manipulation tools. However, that no entrant in this Contest may rely upon or insist upon Stations’ failure or refusal to take any of the foregoing actions or to determine, in its sole discretion, that one entrant’s entry should be discounted because another entrant’s entry was or vice versa.
11. Up to one hundred (100) prizes will be awarded in this contest (up to 4 winners per day x 25 contesting weekdays). Each verified winner in this contest will each receive a $1,000 company check, which will be mailed to each verified winner within 8 weeks of Station’s receipt of all required completed documents and information. All completed documents and information must be received within thirty (30) days of winning. Total aggregate ARV of all prizes in the Contest is $100,000
12. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, each winner will not be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station representatives and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
13. Prize will be made payable and mailed to winner only at the address provided by winner to Station representative after confirmation of winning. Winner is required to provide evidence of a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to be eligible to receive any prize. Winner may be required, in Station’s sole discretion, to sign one or more a Liability Release Agreements relieving the Stations and their respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents from any and all liability with respect to participation in this contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign such Releases and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by the Stations by the deadline required by Station representative will forfeit any and all contest prizes. Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. In the event a potential winner does not provide Station with documentation and paperwork required under these rules by the deadline, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
14. Further, Stations and their respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents are not responsible if any part of the prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Stations and their respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents control.
15. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won in this contest.
16. Stations reserve the right to (but not the obligation) to post some or all winner information on the Stations’ websites or social networking sites.
17. The sponsors of this contest are the Entercom companies listed on Attachment A.
Odds of Winning
18. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received by all participating Stations for a particular Contest play.
Other General Rules that Apply to this Contest
19. Entercom Communications Corp. is conducting the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in various States and their respective time zones. Entrants not located within the referenced time zone, must factor in the time difference in determining the dates and times stated herein. Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. The Station’s participation in this contest during the contest dates may vary from day to day as announced on air of the affected Station, and as listed as amended in Attachment A and as noted in any applicable addendum. Station will announce participation.
20. Participating stations may individually refer to this national contest in varying ways depending on particular station’s format and what it determines to sound most appealing to its particular audience (e.g., the 4K a Day Giveaway, etc., the Cash Stimulus Contest, etc.). However, the Contest is one national contest made up of many participating stations. The registered names used in this Contest are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
21. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these rules or stated on-air or otherwise by the Stations, in no event are the Stations required to confirm eligibility or eliminate ineligible entrants prior to conducting the random drawing. In the event that the selected winner is determined to be ineligible at any time, he/she will be disqualified and not entitled to any prize in this contest and no alternate winner will be selected for that contest play.
22. All entries become the property of the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry may be barred from further participation in this contest and, in Stations’ sole discretion on a case by case basis, banned from any future participation in any Stations’ contest (which Stations’ decision may not be disputed or appealed). Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified in Stations’ sole discretion.
23. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
24. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the Contest and in the interpretation of these Contest rules. The decisions of the Station will be final as to all matters, including, without limitation, whether any code word is correct or not. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by entrants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Stations.
25. With respect to notification of potential winners in this Contest, Stations will only be required to leave one telephone message to the number used to enter this Contest. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. Stations reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any potential winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all potential winners an equal number of times or in the same communication manner.
26. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby agree and each entrant hereby remises, releases and forever discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, agents and all others connected with them and the contest from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the Contest and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through this Contest arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, agents and all others connected with them and this Contest.
27. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby consent to the Stations’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast, online usage and for any other advertising and promotional purpose in any medium whatsoever without payment of any additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s entry form or any other contest submissions. By entering this Contest, entrants understand and agree that Stations may take photographs and/or videotape and/or audiotape any entrant’s participation, appearance and/or performance in connection with this Contest (before, during or after the Contest) and that Stations will own any such photos, audio and/or video and shall be free to utilize such materials in any way it sees fit during or after the Contest with no compensation to the entrants, including without limitation posting any such photographs, audio and/or videos on its website.
28. Stations are not responsible for any technical difficulties, technical malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical or human) experienced due to overload, internet availability, electronic problems, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any of the websites, computer virus, bug, or other errors or corruptions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing or Stations from receiving (accurately or otherwise) accessing any website (including the Stations or any third party website), or for any problem associated with the Stations’ websites or software, internet, telephone connections, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation, prize claim in any way, regardless of the cause, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer, equipment, property, software or network related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or visiting its websites (whether as an entrant or visitor). Stations assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest. Stations are not responsible for any printing errors or typographical errors. If, for any reason, in the sole opinion of Stations, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, system overload or any other causes, whether discovered or suspected by Stations, which, in sole opinion of the Stations, does or could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Contest, Stations reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, and/or provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Stations deem appropriate under the circumstances. In the event of termination, suspension or modification of this Contest, a notice will be posted online and announced on-air. In the event there are eligible entries (as it determines in its sole discretion) submitted for a particular contest play at time of termination, Station will randomly select a potential winner from all eligible entries submitted for that Contest play.
29. Stations reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from this Contest if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Contest rules.
30. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
31. Stations reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare the Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest and reserve the right to select a potential winner from all eligible uncompromised entries (as it determines in its sole discretion) it received through the date it terminated the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice with selecting a potential winner from all eligible entries it received up to the time Stations concluded the Contest. Material changes to the Contest rules will be broadcast on-air and/or posted online, when practical.
34. Complete contest rules are available at a participating Station’s studios as listed on Attachment A during normal business hours or go online at a participating Station’s website as listed on Attachment A.
35. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
36. Winner’s List: For a winner list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to 401 City Avenue, Suite 809, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 addressed to “Q3 2013 Entercom National Cash Contest.” All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received after the Contest is over but prior to six (6) months after the Contest has been concluded.